Friday, November 13, 2015

Crazy day????

Hello everyone.
I am sorry for missing last week. Life happens and nothing can stop it at times. However, I am here today with my latest activities.

So far today, I have had a great morning. We have had wild winds here lately which makes me realize that winter is on its way. So this morning I made a small container of lip balm. After I pick up some distilled water, I am going to make my hubby a nice aftershave spray and then finally, probably tomorrow, I am going to work on my first try at making a solid perfume with essential oils.

I know, right now some of you are looking at this entry and asking, what does this have to do with knitting? Well, I am a retired person, so I like to diversify my activities, so I do a little knitting and yarn work, and diy homemade things, like lip balm, and I work from home writing book reviews (see Reading, Writing and so much more) and helping a tutoring company review schools.

Now on to the knitting. First of all is a sad thing. I was working on my son's second sock the other day, when I realized that in my straightening up a couple days previously, I threw the other sock away. Since he has such long feet I needed all the yarn I had to make two, so I did not have any extra. Now I have a sockie puppet for my granddaughter and soon-to-be grandson, I guess.

Next I belong to a group called AtMyHouse and we have monthly exchanges. I signed up for the cowl exchange this time. I made it out of leftover yarn from my granddaughter's dress from my first entry. Here is how the cowl turned out
Then after having to frog my coat 2 weeks ago, I restarted and this is how far I made it on the back right now. The pattern name and yarn are on the previous entry. Please check it out.

I have also started a wrap-around jacket for my granddaughter out of the same leftover yarn used in the cowl. I did not like the pattern so I am adapting it right now. I am not ready to show it off yet, so hopefully next week. 

Next I am off to do some spindling with some roving I picked up at Knit Picks. I cannot wait. Hopefully it will turn out and there will be a pic next time. 

Take care all and keep those needles moving. 


.
Displaying IMG_20151113_092836.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment