Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My works in progress

I love it when I am working on something and someone takes notice and comments on it, in a positive manner. This happened about 10 days ago. I was volunteering in our church office and during the down time, I work on socks for the local soup kitchen. I am making Southwestern Socks by Wendy D. Johnson out of SWTC Tofutsies. I love this yarn because it has chitin in it which has natural healing properties. I know when I wear them my arthritis in my feet does not hurt as much.
I have made some modifications to the pattern as the yarn works to a smaller gauge and I like using 2 pair of circular needles instead of double-pointed.
Anyway, back to my story. While working on the socks, 2 friends came in and commented on the yarn and when I told them about it, they both stated that this is great and they wished they had a pair. That is all that I needed to hear.
I am almost finished with a pair for one of the gals, then I will start on the other. I will post pictures when I can persuade my hubby to take some with his phone.
I am also working on a sweater for my sweet grand daughter. I have only finished one sleeve so far. It included using waste yarn for a crochet chain start. Then you folded the edge under to create a hem. I had never done either of these techniques before so I was excited and worried that I would goof it up. Instead the first sleeve looks great and this makes me want to try this on any sweaters that I make in the future. Once again, when I can persuade hubby to take pictures I will gladly post. Please keep checking in and let me know about what you are working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment