Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Picture of sock

As promised yesterday, here is the picture of the sock that I made for my friend. There is something satisfying about creating socks. I love the way the heel flares, so that you think there is no way that is going to work. But then it turns and it turns into a heel. I have made, probably two dozen socks so far and I still love making them.
They are also a ministry for me. I call my socks that I make for the soup kitchen, or for others, prayers for the soles. Each sock is filled with prayers for the person that may end up with them. Those that are at the soup kitchen get as meaningful a prayer as my friends do. I may not know exactly who the person is, or what their needs are but I know that God knows and he will find a way to minister to each person in the way that they need.
Anyway, I will get off of my soapbox and present the sock:


No comments:

Post a Comment