Saturday, October 24, 2015

Hubby socks

This was a good week. I hope you can say the same. This week I was able to finish my husband's socks for Christmas. Please don't tell him, he thinks they are for the local soup kitchen. 

Anyway, I made them out of On Line Supersock. the color was Sambia. The pattern was simply a Displaying IMG_20151024_122122.jpgknit two, purl two ribbing on the top of the socks and straight knitting on the bottom. I enjoy working the toe-up technique, so that is the way I went with these. The top was one inch knit one, purl one ribbing with a strand of elastic thread. These were quick and easy to make. 

I am now working on a pair for my son. Unfortunately his feet are a little bigger so I have to use two skeins of Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn. This is a handpainted yarn in the color rhapsody. I am currently on the top ribbing on sock one. 

I am also working on Milkweed. A jacket that is designed by Carol Sunday. I love it. I am making it out of a purple wool yarn. Anyone that knows me, knows that I love almost everything purple, so this is for me. YAY.

Anyway those projects are keeping me busy right now. Next, I will either work on sweaters for my guys or forest animals for my grandchildren. 

Have a great week and keep the knitting needles working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment